Knitting stimulates the whole brain and
results in benefits that calm body and mind.
The repeated motion of two hands
creates a rhythm that relaxes the knitter.
The resulting concentration creates
a focus that is "In the moment."
This focus has been shown to alleviate distressing symptoms of anxiety and chronic pain. The simple act of sitting quietly helps reduce heart rate and lowers blood pressures. Knitting, like meditation, yields benefits that improve lives.
Here are more some advantages of knitting:
- Improved hand dexterity and mobility
- Reduction in stress & mood disorders
- Cognitive & Memory Improvement
- Arthritis Relief
- Increase in Self-Confidence
- Improved Social Skills
- Reduction in onset of Dementia